Deep Space Industries Careers
- All submissions should be emailed to Careers@DeepSpaceIndustries.com.
- You may include only ONE (1) attachment; your resume only.
- Your attached resume should be in PDF format and should include all pertinent contact information.
- Please indicate, within the text of your email, which position and location you are applying for.
- Within the text of your email, answer the following 3 questions.
1. Are you the best in the world at what you do? Explain.
2. How can you help DSI meet its business goals?
3. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Deep Space Industries does not currently have an internship program. If you are a college or graduate school student, please sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on our forthcoming internship program.
Deep Space Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For jobs in the United States only (does not apply to jobs in Europe): to conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Please click on the job postings below to learn more about each available position.
Silicon Valley, California
Lead Production and Manufacturing Engineer
Deep Space Industries is seeking an experienced engineer to lead the production and manufacturing of DSI’s commercial products. You will be expected to perform design updates for improved manufacturability; design and specify processes, tools, and production aids to optimize our build flow; and manage the modification, repair, assembly, integration and test of DSI’s commercial products, including using metrics to continuously evaluate and improve our production efficiency. As part of our small, hands-on engineering team, you will also be expected to play a role in all aspects of our work as we continue work on our first Prospector spacecraft, particularly assisting in spacecraft assembly, integration and test, and/or optical-scale alignment.
The ideal candidate will have particular experience:
- Interfacing directly with customers and suppliers
- Managing quality control and using quality metrics to improve manufacturing yields
- Leading troubleshooting of quality issues
- Leading efforts to review and improve quality and production management
- Meeting aggressive production schedules
- Identifying opportunities for improving our engineering practices across the board
- Ensuring tool and machine maintenance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Engineering and/or management experience in low-volume manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience tracking, monitoring, and controlling/improving costs
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles
- A technical understanding and practical knowledge of composite manufacturing and additive manufacturing processes or systems integration
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of organization
- Excellent attention to detail
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Luxembourg City, EU